Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rise Up

In this time of recession, foreclosures, job terminations, and etc. People are hurting and they are looking for some hope. they need to hear someone say, it's going to be okay. Yes, some say the recession is just in the minds of those that buy into it. Some say that they were never affected by the recession. In my time of reflection, I have had many things occur to me and affect me over the past 3, going on four, years. So I went to God in prayer. I asked him to show me where to find the strength I need to do all that he has placed in me.

The first thing He showed me was my position. This is very important because without knowing exactly where I am in life I can miss out on some great things. So he had to show me that I am still in his hands. He sees and knows me. I am in the Will of God doing what I am suppose to be doing. In the good times, bad times, and the indifferent times, I must move forward. Then He backed it up with scripture.
Acts 3:1-8
One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer—at three in the afternoon. Now a man who was lame from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts. When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money. Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, “Look at us!” So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them. Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk. ” Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man’s feet and ankles became strong. He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God.
Now you may say how did this back up what you said the Lord showed you? Well, I am glad you asked me that. Listen to this. Peter and John were on their way to the temple at the hour of prayer. They had sat at the feet of Jesus literally and nod now they were going to sit at His feet metaphorically. At the feet of Jesus you can find strength for your weary soul, forgiveness for your sin stained soul, and healing from hurts, habits and hangups. Most importantly, you can find direction. So Peter and John were in the right place. They were coming to meet their Master. They were coming to hear a word from the Lord. That was me too. I needed strength, healing and forgiveness. I needed to hear from God.

Also, the lame man was in the right place at the right time. He had friends that brought him daily to the gate of the temple to beg for alms. To ask for help of those entering and exiting the temple. Where can we go but to the House of Faith to get what we need. We must open our mouths to ask. we cant keep hiding behind the facade of I doing okay. Stop settling for the mediocre and get exactly what god intended you to have.

The next thing God showed me was that money does answer all things but the TRUE answer is only found in Him. When Peter said Silver and Gold have I not but such as I have I give to you. He was saying that your need does not require a temporary fix. It needs to be fixed completely. Telling the man to look upon us, he was telling the man to look up and see the real source that would supply the need. Not man, mot money, not a new job but God. Don't see me as your daughter, sister, mother, brother or friend but see the God in me. Isn't Paul said it's not I but the Christ that lives inside of me. I look to people to answer my need but I need to look to God.

He was in the right place to receive the best solution for his need. He weakness exposed, the real strength could be unleashed. the power that lay in Peter and John. the power that lays in each of us. Don't be afraid to fix your eyes on a problem and speak hope to that issue.

I love that Peter and John were on their way to prayer meaning that may have need god to do something for them but they still took the time to speak life. to open their mouth. to be used of God. So what do you have to give?

No comments:

Post a Comment