Thursday, April 14, 2011

You're Just Plain Rude

I am so tired of hearing people say, "I just keep it 100" or "I just keep it real" but what they are actually doing is just being plain rude. How do I know, because I have been and many times am guilty of it myself. We think if we just put that label on it that it means we can say what we want and how we want with no consequence but we put it off on the other person. We tell them to stop being so sensitive or even worse they just cant handle to truth. However, does not the Bible say do everything in love. So let me ask you something, if I love you and I cant find a way to tell you the truth in a manner that you can receive, do I really love you?

See, I would like to say people just cant handle the truth but the fact that is screaming in my head is the one that cant adapt is the one that cant handle the truth. Even Jesus did not treat every one the same way. I mean with the Pharisees, Sadducee and the scribes he was one way but the lady caught in adultery he was another way. Yes, Jesus said some raw things but notice his demeanor when saying these things. Look, I will always keep it 100 and be real, however, I don't have to leave dead bodies behind me. I don't have to wound everyone because I want to tell the truth and shame the devil.

There will come times when I will need to spit it out and it may be bitter to the one receiving but I need to do that when the Lord leads me to do such. I mean really, my mom would lay the law down and she spared not my feelings when it was needed to make me better and even though it hurt at the moment, looking back I know she did the right thing. There was even times when my Bishop has said something that made me say..."WHOA Nellie, that was harsh",  But in the end, it was needed and helped me get it right. I was not wounded fatally.

So now let me ask you something, that last email you sent reaming someone for not doing something or complaining about this or that...was it said in love? Was it sad in frustration, in the flesh, out of anger? Be real with yourself now, if you had of counted to ten before pushing send  or walked away from your computer for an hour or two would you have said the same thing in the same way? Okay maybe yours was done in person... so had you thought before opening your mouth to respond would you have said the same thing, had you ask for time to reflect would you have escalated the situation? It sounds trite and silly but just really think about it.

The Bible says that the tongue can set a forest on fire...Have you ever really thought about that. It's time we stop thinking we are the ones being misunderstood. In reality we are the ones causing the confusion. Think before you speak. That way you will keep it 100 and no one will accuse you of being fake and phony. Trust and believe. AND I ask that you keep me on the straight and narrow also.


(c) 2011 Evangelist Linda A. Hillman

No comments:

Post a Comment